Key Stats: Stephen Drew had an OPS over .900 after the All-Star break last season. Perhaps the most encouraging sign in his development was his .300 average versus right handed pitching after hitting .235 off of righties the previous season. He drew 19 less walks than he did in 2007, but the more aggresive approach paid off.
Skeptics Say: He is related to J.D. Drew.
Peer Comparison: Many publications are putting Drew in front of Jhonny Peralta, but I don’t see why.
- Peralta had more HR, RBI, and runs last season
- Peralta is only one year younger than Drew
- Peralta doesn’t have a brother who annoys the hell out of me
- Peralta has proven himself to be consistent and Drew has only had one good year
- Peralta has less hype and will be the better buy in most drafts
Lineup Outlook: Batting leadoff should give Drew an opportunity to score about 110 runs. This figure could change drastically depending on the health of Eric Byrnes and/or the emergence of Justin Upton.
Projection: Keeper league players should be thinking about Drew for the long term.
107R 22 HR 68 RBI 4SB .285 AVG .905 OPS
We’ve moved to FantasyBaseball365!
We're excited to announce that FBHotStove will be teaming up with FantasyBaseball365 to provide the best daily fantasy baseball content on the web.
This means that all new FBHotStove content will now be posted and can be viewed on www.fantasybaseball365.com.
You can catch all our new posts at:
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Recent Comments on FBHS
- LynchMob on Fantasy Pioneers Okrent, Waggoner, and Wolf Should Be in Cooperstown
- Lincoln on Jordan Walden Taking Over as Closer
- iq test on Torii Hunter Player Projection No. 92
- Discount Viagra online - Viagra discount coupon codes for all the customers! on Daily Notes | Is Matt Joyce for real?
- Yuri on Top 50 Players in Yahoo for July
Check out the Yardbarker Network!
Browse the FBHS Archives
- November 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (19)
- August 2011 (30)
- July 2011 (33)
- June 2011 (32)
- May 2011 (36)
- April 2011 (29)
- March 2011 (43)
- February 2011 (28)
- January 2011 (31)
- December 2010 (29)
- November 2010 (30)
- October 2010 (20)
- September 2010 (32)
- August 2010 (31)
- July 2010 (33)
- June 2010 (35)
- May 2010 (34)
- April 2010 (30)
- March 2010 (40)
- February 2010 (27)
- January 2010 (31)
- December 2009 (33)
- November 2009 (29)
- October 2009 (26)
- September 2009 (33)
- August 2009 (34)
- July 2009 (41)
- June 2009 (39)
- May 2009 (35)
- April 2009 (39)
- March 2009 (31)
- February 2009 (28)
- January 2009 (31)
- December 2008 (32)
- November 2008 (31)
- October 2008 (2)