A lot can be said about slow starts, but now we’re well into June. Enough with the excuses for traditional power house players. Maybe it’s time too that we start looking at how “for real” Russell Branyan, Raul Ibanez and Brandon Inge could end up being. Here’s a look at the pace of these players given that all of them finish with 560 at bats.
Victor Martinez 95R, 24 HR, 100 RBI, 0 SB (also eligible at first base)
Brandon Inge 104 R, 37 HR, 113 RBI, 3 SB (also eligible at third base and outfield)
Geovany Soto 43 R, 8 HR, 55 RBI, 0 SB
Russell Martin 68R, 0 HR, 59 RBI, 21 SB (also eligible at third base)
- VMart is going to get more than 560 at-bats, so he’s more likely to come close to 30 HR.
- Soto had an encouraging game yesterday going 3 for 5.
- I love Inge as a “catcher” because he doesn’t take every fifth game off.
Adrian Gonzalez 117 R, 61 HR, 120 RBI, 3 SB
Derrek Lee 74 R, 20 HR, 80 RBI, 0 SB
- I tweeted about this yesterday, but 2/3 of Gonzalez’s homers happen on the road. Ryan Howard also hits 2/3 of his homers away. Go figure with that one.
Aaron Hill 77 R, 29 HR, 90 RBI, 4 SB
Marco Scutaro 109 R, 12 HR, 64 RBI, 14 SB (also eligible at shortstop and third base)
Ben Zobrist 109 R, 43 HR, 128 RBI, 23 SB (also eligible at shortstop and outfield)
- Zobrist has one less home run in 23 June at-bats than Scutaro has all season. Scutaro hasn’t homered since April.
- Zobrist is walking a healthy 16% of the time.
- Hill has been near the top in hits all season, but hasn’t recorded a multi-hit game since May 29.
Jason Bartlett 111R, 24 HR, 104 RBI, 49 SB
Jimmy Rollins 81R, 9 HR, 46 RBI, 23 SB
Rafael Furcal 80R, 5 HR, 35 RBI, 11 SB
- Furcal and Rollins have been moved down in the order so their run projections should be adjusted accordingly. Rollins will be hitting lead off again, Furcal will not.
- I would take the under on Bartlett reaching 40 steals. Ankle injuries can reoccur, plus he was reaching base at a rather lucky rate (.411 BABIP).
Mark Reynolds 100R, 40 HR, 98 RBI, 32 SB (also eligible at first base)
Russell Branyan 102R, 40 HR, 80 RBI, 6 SB (also eligible at first base)
Garrett Atkins 62 R, 15 HR, 59 RBI, 0 SB (also eligible at first base)
- Under the 560 at-bat pace, Reynolds is the only player in baseball who will be in the 30/30 club.
- That noise you hear is Colorado GM Dan O’Dowd slamming his head on his desk. He traded the wrong guy over the winter.
Adam Jones 113R, 29 HR, 99 RBI, 11 SB
Nelson Cruz 96R, 46 HR, 113 RBI, 24 SB
Raul Ibanez 118R, 50 HR, 138 RBI, 10 SB
Johnny Damon 118R, 31 HR, 87 RBI, 13 SB
Adam Lind 89R, 29 HR, 109 RBI, 2 SB
Shin-Soo Choo 95R, 22 HR, 92 RBI, 24 SB
Vladimir Guerrero 51R, 6 HR, 45 RBI, 6 SB
Lance Berkman 85R, 32 HR, 97 RBI, 3 SB
- Ibanez moving from Safeco and last place Seattle to Citizens and World Champion Philadelphia should have led to him being in much greater demand. Similar to Gonzalez though he has hit most of his home runs on the road.
- Cruz will be discussed more with a Texas Rangers blogger later this week.
- Berkman’s run total will probably be under the 85 pace he’s on now since he’s been moved to fifth in the order.
David Ortiz 53R, 8 HR, 67 RBI, 0 SB
- He’s been swinging the bat much better lately, but he’s still under .200 with the batting average. He showed his frustration pretty well yesterday when he popped out on a good pitch to hit. It’s a positive sign that he wasn’t satisfied with just the one home run he hit in the 2nd inning.
We’ve moved to FantasyBaseball365!
We're excited to announce that FBHotStove will be teaming up with FantasyBaseball365 to provide the best daily fantasy baseball content on the web.
This means that all new FBHotStove content will now be posted and can be viewed on www.fantasybaseball365.com.
You can catch all our new posts at:
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Recent Comments on FBHS
- Lincoln on Jordan Walden Taking Over as Closer
- iq test on Torii Hunter Player Projection No. 92
- Discount Viagra online - Viagra discount coupon codes for all the customers! on Daily Notes | Is Matt Joyce for real?
- Yuri on Top 50 Players in Yahoo for July
- Rhya on Daily Notes | Bartolo Colon’s Inevitable Poor Second Half
Check out the Yardbarker Network!
Browse the FBHS Archives
- November 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (19)
- August 2011 (30)
- July 2011 (33)
- June 2011 (32)
- May 2011 (36)
- April 2011 (29)
- March 2011 (43)
- February 2011 (28)
- January 2011 (31)
- December 2010 (29)
- November 2010 (30)
- October 2010 (20)
- September 2010 (32)
- August 2010 (31)
- July 2010 (33)
- June 2010 (35)
- May 2010 (34)
- April 2010 (30)
- March 2010 (40)
- February 2010 (27)
- January 2010 (31)
- December 2009 (33)
- November 2009 (29)
- October 2009 (26)
- September 2009 (33)
- August 2009 (34)
- July 2009 (41)
- June 2009 (39)
- May 2009 (35)
- April 2009 (39)
- March 2009 (31)
- February 2009 (28)
- January 2009 (31)
- December 2008 (32)
- November 2008 (31)
- October 2008 (2)