Javier Vazquez is the stereotypical pitcher when it comes to pitching in the American League and the National League. His ERA in the NL (not including his first two big league seasons which are left out because he was still developing and those are outliers) was 3.65 versus 4.54 in the AL. His K/9 in the NL was 8.44 and in the AL it’s lower at 8.05. His K:BB in the NL was 4.17 and in the AL it is much worse at 3.12. The effects of pitching against the opposing team’s pitcher obviously helps. It changes the approach to the number eight hitters and the leadoff hitters. It inflates strikeouts and thwarts big innings.
- “Buster is…pretty talented. I don’t know any other way to say it.” – Tim Lincecum on Buster Posey who went 4 for 5 yesterday in the Giants win over Haren’s former team. Posey now has an 18 game hitting streak and should pass Jayson Heyward and maybe Stephen Strasburg in Rookie of the Year consideration. Posey has an 18-game hitting streak and is hitting .371. Funny how not so long ago he was an after thought to Matt Wieters.
- Roy Oswalt will not veto his no trade clause for the opportunity to tie Joe Niekro on the Astros win list.
- Ted Lilly could be making his last start with the Cubs tomorrow. They were originally going to pitch him on Tuesday, but have moved him up one day. It seems stupid with so many teams interested, but over his career Lilly actually has a better ERA by about a half of run on four days rest rather than five days.
- Forget about Ben Sheets being a help at the trade deadline. In all likelihood his season is over. His elbow is the problem as usual and this could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back.
- Reid Brignac has homered four times in his last six games. This was a guy that had high teens to low twenties home run power in the lower minors, so the power is there.
- Alex Rodriguez was hit on the hand in the 8th inning. He said he’ll be fine.
- Daisuke Matsuzaka had a third straight quality start despite walking five Mariners.
- Julio Borbon was not in the lineup yesterday for the second straight game and has struggled mightily for the last month. He joins the likes of Jacoby Ellsbury as a steals guy that has really disappointed this year. Nyjer Morgan, B.J. Upton, and Matt Kemp get honorable mention.
We’ve moved to FantasyBaseball365!
We're excited to announce that FBHotStove will be teaming up with FantasyBaseball365 to provide the best daily fantasy baseball content on the web.
This means that all new FBHotStove content will now be posted and can be viewed on www.fantasybaseball365.com.
You can catch all our new posts at:
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Recent Comments on FBHS
- Lincoln on Jordan Walden Taking Over as Closer
- iq test on Torii Hunter Player Projection No. 92
- Discount Viagra online - Viagra discount coupon codes for all the customers! on Daily Notes | Is Matt Joyce for real?
- Yuri on Top 50 Players in Yahoo for July
- Rhya on Daily Notes | Bartolo Colon’s Inevitable Poor Second Half
Check out the Yardbarker Network!
Browse the FBHS Archives
- November 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (19)
- August 2011 (30)
- July 2011 (33)
- June 2011 (32)
- May 2011 (36)
- April 2011 (29)
- March 2011 (43)
- February 2011 (28)
- January 2011 (31)
- December 2010 (29)
- November 2010 (30)
- October 2010 (20)
- September 2010 (32)
- August 2010 (31)
- July 2010 (33)
- June 2010 (35)
- May 2010 (34)
- April 2010 (30)
- March 2010 (40)
- February 2010 (27)
- January 2010 (31)
- December 2009 (33)
- November 2009 (29)
- October 2009 (26)
- September 2009 (33)
- August 2009 (34)
- July 2009 (41)
- June 2009 (39)
- May 2009 (35)
- April 2009 (39)
- March 2009 (31)
- February 2009 (28)
- January 2009 (31)
- December 2008 (32)
- November 2008 (31)
- October 2008 (2)