Ian Kinsler was placed on the 15 day DL and GM Jon Daniels said that he doesn’t expect Kinsler back until mid to late August. In a year where nothing can go wrong for the Texas Rangers, everything has gone wrong with Kinsler’s season. Just one year removed from a 30/30 season, Kinsler will be fortunate to have steals and home run totals that end up in the teens. As usual one of the problems has been injuries. Kinsler has gone to the disabled list every year of his career including now two stints this season. Kinsler missed all but one game in April with an ankle sprain, and with the way the Rangers are playing currently they won’t rush him back in August.
- In his last six starts as an Astro, Roy Oswalt got 4 runs of support from his teammates. Was it something he said? Hopefully his new teammates can do a little more and get him into the win column. In four career starts at Citizens Bank Park, Oswalt has a 2.60 ERA, but only an average 1.30 WHIP.
- The Astros traded for J.A. Happ, but somehow they also ended up with Brett Wallace. The Blue Jays traded Wallace in order to acquire speedster Anthony Gose who was a part of that Oswalt trade too. Wallace has had a terrific year in Las Vegas with the Blue Jays, but he was traded for the fourth time in his career anyway. How in the world can a guy with as much promise as Wallace be dealt four times? The only thing I can think of is a character issue, but nothing has been said anywhere about this. Wallace and the Astros should benefit from this deal.
- One first round draft pick for the Nationals heads to the DL, but the less famous first round pick is the bigger story of the day. Drew Storen should take over as closer with Matt Capps traded to the Twins.
- Ubaldo Jimenez got back in the win column against the Pirates and despite all his recent struggles should get to 20 wins given that he only needs four wins and could get as many as 12 starts from here on out.
- Jorge Cantu will benefit from the trade to the Rangers. They have a better overall lineup and a better hitter’s park than the Marlins. Plus he actually has people coming to see his games which is a bonus when you’ve spent most of your career in the state of Florida.
- Andrew Bailey’s back continues to be a concern for the Athletics. They are at the point where placing him on the DL might be in their best interest.
- Anibal Sanchez needed 118 pitches and allowed only one hit in throwing a complete game for the Marlins. Sanchez of course threw a no hitter as a rookie four seasons ago.
- Scott Podsednik was brought in by the Dodgers to help what an outfield that is missing Manny Ramirez and Reed Johnson currently. Podsednik stole a base in his first game, but his value should be limited based on playing time once Manny gets back.
- The Brewers are not going to move Prince Fielder or Corey Hart according to Doug Melvin.
- Andrew McCutchen was out yesterday and is day to day with a sore shoulder.
- Paul Konerko has homered in four straight games.
- Miguel Tejada didn’t have much fantasy value to begin with, but his move to the National League likely means something to NL Only leagues. The Padres might play Tejada at shortstop which is important for Everth Cabrera owners to know and also gives Tejada more value than he would have had otherwise.
- Carlos Santana got crossed up on a pitch and was hit in the foot by the pitch. He had to leave the game. Eventually Andy Marte had to come in and pitch for the Indians.
- Jacoby Ellsbury was 0 for 3 in his rehab appearance with the GCL Red Sox affiliate. He might join AAA Pawtucket this weekend.
We’ve moved to FantasyBaseball365!
We're excited to announce that FBHotStove will be teaming up with FantasyBaseball365 to provide the best daily fantasy baseball content on the web.
This means that all new FBHotStove content will now be posted and can be viewed on www.fantasybaseball365.com.
You can catch all our new posts at:
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Check out the Yardbarker Network!
Browse the FBHS Archives
- November 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (19)
- August 2011 (30)
- July 2011 (33)
- June 2011 (32)
- May 2011 (36)
- April 2011 (29)
- March 2011 (43)
- February 2011 (28)
- January 2011 (31)
- December 2010 (29)
- November 2010 (30)
- October 2010 (20)
- September 2010 (32)
- August 2010 (31)
- July 2010 (33)
- June 2010 (35)
- May 2010 (34)
- April 2010 (30)
- March 2010 (40)
- February 2010 (27)
- January 2010 (31)
- December 2009 (33)
- November 2009 (29)
- October 2009 (26)
- September 2009 (33)
- August 2009 (34)
- July 2009 (41)
- June 2009 (39)
- May 2009 (35)
- April 2009 (39)
- March 2009 (31)
- February 2009 (28)
- January 2009 (31)
- December 2008 (32)
- November 2008 (31)
- October 2008 (2)