If we set the minimum at one at-bat, that would be the case. Rocco Baldelli homered in his first big league at-bat in over 11 months. No he won’t have much fantasy value down the stretch, but it’s a great story for a guy that had a ton of athleticism and ability, but couldn’t stay on the field his whole career to go back where he started and contribute in a pennant race. Of course in the end it wasn’t enough as the Rays lost to the Orioles, but who knows maybe this creates an opportunity for Baldelli to get more at-bats and convince Joe Maddon and company that he deserves a spot on the playoff roster.
Baldelli isn’t the only outfielder trying to make an impression on the Rays right now. Desmond Jennings is also up with the club, but has only played in one game since his promotion. Jennings figures to be a big part of the future in Tampa, but it appears that the Rays would rather go with a struggling B.J. Upton and Matt Joyce than the promising kid. It is hard to put him right in the fire, but not unprecedented as seen with the Red Sox bringing Jacoby Ellsbury up in 2007.
- Carlos Gonzalez had three hits again today.
- Troy Tulowitzki homered and stole a base in the Rockies win today. He has hit safely in 14 of his last 15 games and has not shown any ill effects after breaking his wrist earlier this season.
- For teams that are already looking at 2011, Chipper Jones could be out on Opening Day assuming he does not retire. That’s because he might be suspended after arguing from the bench on Saturday.
- The Mets scored 18 runs without David Wright in the lineup yesterday. Ike Davis hit home run number 17. Given that he was not up this season until April 19th, Davis is definitely a threat to hit 25 home runs next season. Impressive given where he plays his home games.
- Colby Rasmus has not always had the best relationship with his manager and most recently the league’s best player, but he did all the right things in a very important game for the Cardinals against the Reds.
- Jonathan Papelbon blew his seventh save of the season for the Red Sox today. In his defense, Papelbon had a streak of 8 consecutive scoreless innings before the White Sox got to him.
- Head to head fantasy playoffs in most leagues start tomorrow. It’s important to note for leagues looking to squeeze every dime out of the week that the Phillies and Marlins will play two tomorrow.
- Vicente Padilla makes his first start since August 15th tomorrow at San Diego. Nothing better than facing a team that has lost 10 in a row in the league’s best pitching park to ease back into action.
- As bad as the season has been for Aaron Hill, he is still going to end up with somewhere around 25 home runs. He is currently 4th among second basemen in that category.
We’ve moved to FantasyBaseball365!
We're excited to announce that FBHotStove will be teaming up with FantasyBaseball365 to provide the best daily fantasy baseball content on the web.
This means that all new FBHotStove content will now be posted and can be viewed on www.fantasybaseball365.com.
You can catch all our new posts at:
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Recent Comments on FBHS
- LynchMob on Fantasy Pioneers Okrent, Waggoner, and Wolf Should Be in Cooperstown
- Lincoln on Jordan Walden Taking Over as Closer
- iq test on Torii Hunter Player Projection No. 92
- Discount Viagra online - Viagra discount coupon codes for all the customers! on Daily Notes | Is Matt Joyce for real?
- Yuri on Top 50 Players in Yahoo for July
Check out the Yardbarker Network!
Browse the FBHS Archives
- November 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (19)
- August 2011 (30)
- July 2011 (33)
- June 2011 (32)
- May 2011 (36)
- April 2011 (29)
- March 2011 (43)
- February 2011 (28)
- January 2011 (31)
- December 2010 (29)
- November 2010 (30)
- October 2010 (20)
- September 2010 (32)
- August 2010 (31)
- July 2010 (33)
- June 2010 (35)
- May 2010 (34)
- April 2010 (30)
- March 2010 (40)
- February 2010 (27)
- January 2010 (31)
- December 2009 (33)
- November 2009 (29)
- October 2009 (26)
- September 2009 (33)
- August 2009 (34)
- July 2009 (41)
- June 2009 (39)
- May 2009 (35)
- April 2009 (39)
- March 2009 (31)
- February 2009 (28)
- January 2009 (31)
- December 2008 (32)
- November 2008 (31)
- October 2008 (2)