Good fantasy teams usually get their superstars to be superstars. Albert Pujols has really helped the last couple of seasons, but less consistent players like David Wright (used to be a top five pick) can hurt.
Great fantasy teams find a way to grab the budding star before anyone knows they are to become a superstar. The Carlos Gonzalez’s and Jose Bautistas of 2010 and maybe the Drew Stubbs and Sam Fulds of this season.
Championship fantasy teams find a way to get both of those things and get lucky too. Like by starting Dexter Fowler the one game he goes off for five stolen bases or by starting Ben Zobrist the day he goes for 10 RBI. Heading into today, Zobrist was 6 for 29 (.207) with runners on and just .205 overall. The magic from a breakout 2009 appeared to be ancient history given how last year turned out and how this year was starting. All of that changed on one day and in one double header.
The best news for the teams that own him is that he did this on a Thursday in which he had a double header, where he would be very unlikely to sit on a bench in daily leagues.
- Jonathan Broxton is still talking with plenty of fight. What’s interesting about Broxton’s case is how suddenly he has fallen apart. He was not awful last year until basically the second half of the season. There is no serious injury to speak of and Don Mattingly thinks it has to do with getting ahead in the count. Losing 2.5 miles per hour on the fastball doesn’t help either though.
- How secure is Barry Enright’s spot in the Arizona rotation? Paging Jarrod Parker.
- Nick Swisher homered. His first in 76 at-bats this season. He hit one every 20 last year.
- Brian Roberts stole a base. His second of the season. In an injury-shortened 2010 he stole a base once every 22 plate appearances. So far this season, it’s about one every 50 plate appearances.
- I haven’t asked him how he’s feeling, I have no medical qualifications, and I haven’t seen him pitch. That said, I think this article is describing what could be a more serious issue and I don’t have a good feeling about David Aardsma this season.
We’ve moved to FantasyBaseball365!
We're excited to announce that FBHotStove will be teaming up with FantasyBaseball365 to provide the best daily fantasy baseball content on the web.
This means that all new FBHotStove content will now be posted and can be viewed on www.fantasybaseball365.com.
You can catch all our new posts at:
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Recent Comments on FBHS
- LynchMob on Fantasy Pioneers Okrent, Waggoner, and Wolf Should Be in Cooperstown
- Lincoln on Jordan Walden Taking Over as Closer
- iq test on Torii Hunter Player Projection No. 92
- Discount Viagra online - Viagra discount coupon codes for all the customers! on Daily Notes | Is Matt Joyce for real?
- Yuri on Top 50 Players in Yahoo for July
Check out the Yardbarker Network!
Browse the FBHS Archives
- November 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (19)
- August 2011 (30)
- July 2011 (33)
- June 2011 (32)
- May 2011 (36)
- April 2011 (29)
- March 2011 (43)
- February 2011 (28)
- January 2011 (31)
- December 2010 (29)
- November 2010 (30)
- October 2010 (20)
- September 2010 (32)
- August 2010 (31)
- July 2010 (33)
- June 2010 (35)
- May 2010 (34)
- April 2010 (30)
- March 2010 (40)
- February 2010 (27)
- January 2010 (31)
- December 2009 (33)
- November 2009 (29)
- October 2009 (26)
- September 2009 (33)
- August 2009 (34)
- July 2009 (41)
- June 2009 (39)
- May 2009 (35)
- April 2009 (39)
- March 2009 (31)
- February 2009 (28)
- January 2009 (31)
- December 2008 (32)
- November 2008 (31)
- October 2008 (2)