We’ve been through this before, but I need to turn my hype machine on again. Brett Lawrie is on the verge of another call up. I’m guessing we will see him this weekend in Baltimore. Toronto is focused on keeping the media frenzy with him to a minimum, so they are planning on a road debut for him. If you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, you’ll know that I’m the new kid around here, but you should also have learned that I have a thing for prospects that can rake at shallow positions. I’ve had him on my roster for 3 weeks before the hand breaking, and for a month now prior to this call up. Go get him now. This is an official endorsement. I know he plays in the PCL and all, but this is a player with eligability at 2B and 3B with an OPS of 1.081 on the season. 18 HR and 61 RBI in 68 games. 63 runs scored and 12 steals. With the line up that Toronto has now (Bautista, Lind, Arencibia, Rasmus, Escobar) this kid will have plenty of chances to drive in and score runs.
- Another prospect, this one significantly less hyped than Lawrie, Paul Goldschmidt, hit his first of what figure to be many many homers in the majors. Goldschmidt was batting .306 with 30 HR and 91 RBI in AA before getting the call a couple days ago.
- Mark Teixeira homered from each side of the plate last night for the 12th time in his career, setting a major league record for doing so. You have to love the power numbers that Tex is delivering, but that average is still scary. There is hope though, over the last 14 days he is batting .349…
- Hanley Ramirez hurt his shoulder diving after a ball last night and left the game against the Mets. It’s a sprain, which is much better than a separation which is what was initially feared. He is listed as day to day, and may miss games until this weekend.
- Troy Tulowitzki hurt his pinky on his throwing hand last night, forcing him to leave the game. According to Rotoworld, he thinks he’ll be able to play tonight.
- Albert Pujols was hit on the left hand by a pitch last night (it was his left wrist he broke earlier in the year) and isn’t sure if he’ll be able to play tonight saying that he had difficulty gripping a bat for the rest of last night’s game.
- Alfonso Soriano had two homers last night. He is at 19 on the season and is a good option if you need power in your lineup.
- Jose Reyes had a homer last night that you can check out a replay of here, called by 11-year old Jacob Resnick, winner of the SNY Kid-caster contest. Jacob was in the booth with Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling to call part of the game. Nothing to do with fantasy, but cool none-the-less.
- Carlos Gonzalez could be activated from the DL on Saturday.
- Ruby De La Rosa is going to have Tommy John Surgery.
- Lance Berkman is still getting it done. He had a game winning RBI last night and in his last 10 games he has 3 HR and 9 RBI. We keep saying sell high on him, his value is going to crash… it’s August now and us “experts” are still waiting…
We’ve moved to FantasyBaseball365!
We're excited to announce that FBHotStove will be teaming up with FantasyBaseball365 to provide the best daily fantasy baseball content on the web.
This means that all new FBHotStove content will now be posted and can be viewed on www.fantasybaseball365.com.
You can catch all our new posts at:
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Recent Comments on FBHS
- iq test on Torii Hunter Player Projection No. 92
- Discount Viagra online - Viagra discount coupon codes for all the customers! on Daily Notes | Is Matt Joyce for real?
- Yuri on Top 50 Players in Yahoo for July
- Rhya on Daily Notes | Bartolo Colon’s Inevitable Poor Second Half
- Morpheus on Guest Expert Analysis | Pineda, Britton, or Drabek?
Check out the Yardbarker Network!
Browse the FBHS Archives
- November 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (19)
- August 2011 (30)
- July 2011 (33)
- June 2011 (32)
- May 2011 (36)
- April 2011 (29)
- March 2011 (43)
- February 2011 (28)
- January 2011 (31)
- December 2010 (29)
- November 2010 (30)
- October 2010 (20)
- September 2010 (32)
- August 2010 (31)
- July 2010 (33)
- June 2010 (35)
- May 2010 (34)
- April 2010 (30)
- March 2010 (40)
- February 2010 (27)
- January 2010 (31)
- December 2009 (33)
- November 2009 (29)
- October 2009 (26)
- September 2009 (33)
- August 2009 (34)
- July 2009 (41)
- June 2009 (39)
- May 2009 (35)
- April 2009 (39)
- March 2009 (31)
- February 2009 (28)
- January 2009 (31)
- December 2008 (32)
- November 2008 (31)
- October 2008 (2)