Anybody reading this blog today is either obsessed with fantasy baseball or is still playing for something in their fantasy season. Whether you are in the process of pulling a Rays or trying to avoid a collapse like the Red Sox, here are some moves to consider as certain starters get dropped to fill that last void.
- Ben Revere. Since the all-star break only Cameron Maybin has more steals. On top of that he’s been doing the bulk of his steals over the last two weeks with 8 of them in that time and he isn’t owned in 83% of Yahoo leagues.
- Casey Coleman. It’s all about matchups and who’s hot right now. Coleman struck out a career best 8 in his last outing. If strikeouts is what you need, 8 strikeouts qualifies as “hot.” Coleman will draw the Padres in Petco tomorrow. The padres are last in baseball in runs this month and will almost certainly finish that way.
- Marco Scutaro. If your fantasy team is desperate, you might as well try to target someone who is on an MLB team that is equally as desperate. Scutaro has hit .320 since the break and .378 in September. He’s second base and shortstop eligibile. He’s also facing the Orioles pitching staff that hasn’t announced it’s starters for the last two games according to Orioles.com.
- Brent Morel. Third base has been weak all year, so if it is still weak for you and you need home runs grab Morel who has 8 of them over the last month. Just don’t do it if you need average too.
- Randall Delgado. He is auditioning for a role both next season and in the playoffs when he takes on the Phillies tomorrow. He also has a great deal of ability and an ERA of 2.25 this month.
- Kenley Jansen. If you are close to your innings cap and have a close race in strikeouts, you need not look further than the player that is striking out more than two hitters per inning this month.
- Wilson Ramos. Only owned in 8% of leagues, but lately he has outplayed Alex Avila, Geovany Soto, and Yadier Molina among others who are owned in more than 50% of leagues.
- Brandon McCarthy/TBA A’s Starter on Wednesday. McCarthy will pitch tomorrow, but there’s a good chance he’s not available. If it comes down to it, I’d add whoever the A’s will send out there in Wednesday’s game. Playing in Seattle (Mariners have a .625 OPS this month), I just would take my chances with just about anybody.
- Eric Young Jr. The Rockies are playing in San Francisco which is unfortunate for offensively challenged teams, but thin or thick air Young will run. He has stolen a base in 3 of his last 5 games and has reached base in 13 straight games. Hitting lead off could lead to run opportunities too.
- James Loney. The Dodgers are trying to give Matt Kemp every statistical boost they can in the final three games to increase his chances at an MVP. Loney, who has been on fire, is a big part of that.
We’ve moved to FantasyBaseball365!
We're excited to announce that FBHotStove will be teaming up with FantasyBaseball365 to provide the best daily fantasy baseball content on the web.
This means that all new FBHotStove content will now be posted and can be viewed on www.fantasybaseball365.com.
You can catch all our new posts at:
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Recent Comments on FBHS
- Lincoln on Jordan Walden Taking Over as Closer
- iq test on Torii Hunter Player Projection No. 92
- Discount Viagra online - Viagra discount coupon codes for all the customers! on Daily Notes | Is Matt Joyce for real?
- Yuri on Top 50 Players in Yahoo for July
- Rhya on Daily Notes | Bartolo Colon’s Inevitable Poor Second Half
Check out the Yardbarker Network!
Browse the FBHS Archives
- November 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (19)
- August 2011 (30)
- July 2011 (33)
- June 2011 (32)
- May 2011 (36)
- April 2011 (29)
- March 2011 (43)
- February 2011 (28)
- January 2011 (31)
- December 2010 (29)
- November 2010 (30)
- October 2010 (20)
- September 2010 (32)
- August 2010 (31)
- July 2010 (33)
- June 2010 (35)
- May 2010 (34)
- April 2010 (30)
- March 2010 (40)
- February 2010 (27)
- January 2010 (31)
- December 2009 (33)
- November 2009 (29)
- October 2009 (26)
- September 2009 (33)
- August 2009 (34)
- July 2009 (41)
- June 2009 (39)
- May 2009 (35)
- April 2009 (39)
- March 2009 (31)
- February 2009 (28)
- January 2009 (31)
- December 2008 (32)
- November 2008 (31)
- October 2008 (2)